In 2015 the Arts Council of Mansfield is going national with a short story prize. The SALA short story prize launches this year with a national prize of $1000 and publication, and a local writer’s prize of $500 and publication. Up to 20 other submissions will also be offered publication in the SALA Short Stories 2015 collection, to be launched in Mansfield on 29 October.
Friday 18 September 2015
Entries close at midnight. If posting, the envelope must be postmarked on or before 18 September.
Tuesday 6 October, 2015
Arts Council contacts prize winners and authors of stories selected for publication in SALA Short Stories 2015
Thursday 29 October, 2015
Launch party and announcement of local author prize– 6:00pm at The Deck on High, 15 High St, Mansfield
- The national SALA short story prize is open to all Australian residents.
- The SALA local writer prize will be awarded to a writer living in Mansfield and surrounds.
- There is no theme. This is a short story prize, so no poetry or non-fiction please!
- Maximum word length 3000 words.
- Submissions must be unpublished (including online) and not under consideration by publishers or currently entered into another competition.
- You must include an entry form and entry fee of $15 with your submission. One entry form per submission.
- Your name must not appear on the submission itself (including the header or footer), as all pieces will be judged ‘blind’ (without the judge knowing the author’s name)
- The judge’s decision will be final. No discussion will be entered into.
- The two winning stories will be published in SALA Short Stories 2015. Authors retain copyright.
- Authors of up to 20 additional submitted stories will also be offered publication in SALA Short Stories 2015. There is no obligation to accept this offer. Authors retain copyright.
- The authors of the winning stories and the other stories selected for the collection will be required to work with an editor to prepare their story for publication.
- Entries close at midnight, Friday 18 September 2015.
- If posting, the envelope must be postmarked on or before 18 September.
- If emailing, entries must be sent no later than midnight on 18 September 2015
- Stories should be typed in 12 point font and double spaced
- Entries will not be returned. Please keep a copy for your own records
- Any submission that does not meet these criteria will be ineligible.
How to enter
- Polish that story until it shines!
- Complete your entry form
- Pay your $15 entry fee (instructions on entry form)
- Send to Arts Council of Mansfield before midnight 18 September 2015
We welcome questions – please contact the prize coordinator (Mim) on 0407 664 202 or by email at email@example.com
Thanks to all our wonderful supporters …