The Three Faces Portrait Art Prize is a visual art painting or drawing competition
The 3 Faces portrait exhibition is usually held every second year. It will next be held in 2020
January – April: We seek Expressions of Interest from artists who wish to be selected to compete. Expressions of Interest are usually due by mid-April
From the Expressions of Interest we choose three adult and three youth artists to compete in the Three Faces portrait competition.
- The three successful Youth applicants will benefit from a one day workshop mentored by a local artist.
May: “The Reveal” – Cocktail party style event
The identity of the sitter is revealed
Artists to photograph and preliminary sketch sitter.
- Each artist creates a 2 dimensional artwork of the subject who will be an identity from the Mansfield district.
June: “The Unveiling” – Dinner event.
The winning portraits are chosen by a panel comprising a local dignitaries and at least one art expert.
ACQUISITIVE PRIZE $2000– Sponsored by Mansfield Shire Council
The two runner up artists each receive $250.
ACQUISITIVE PRIZE $500– Sponsored by Mansfield Shire Council
The two runner up artists each receive $100.
Artworks not chosen as the winning works are generally available for sale.
20% commission payable to Arts Mansfield.
- Expressions of Interest are due by a date in April in the Three Faces year
- Interested Artists need to provide images of portraits or artworks they have previously produced.
- All artists need to be a resident of Mansfield or surrounds.
- The three participating artists are chosen by the Arts Council of Mansfield committee and the decision is final with no correspondence entered into.
- Artists must attend both events.
- Each artist works in their own medium, supplies all their own materials and canvasses etc.
- The finished artwork must be ready to hang.
- The winning Portraits become acquisitions of the Mansfield Shire Council as part of a growing art collection.
Sponsors vary from year to year.