Have you ever wanted to tell that story – maybe even the one that’s been hovering in the back of your mind for years?
Ever wanted to try your hand at writing?
How about cutting your teeth on a radio play?
Rochford Productions and Arts Mansfield are putting out a call for short radio plays to inform, move and amuse Mansfield radio listeners.
In collaboration with playwright Sandy Fairthorne, we present a weekend workshop for aspiring, would be, and tried and true writers to have a go at this exciting medium.
What’s a radio play?
- In February you can hear The Burgundy Parrot Murder by Carol Lowden.
- In March Tarcutta Truckstop by Rick Lindsay
What to expect from the workshop
This workshop will:
- Provide you with tools to create living, breathing characters we’ll care about
- Work with you to produce a play with a journey, or 3 act structure, with which to enthral your audience
- Examine various styles of dialogue and rhythm
- Give you, the writer, the chance to hear your words read and performed aloud by experienced local actors.
- Provide you with feedback for moving onto the next draft with confidence, and the chance to have your play produced on radio, by experienced actors, for local listeners.
DATE: Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 May, 2019.
TIME: 10am to 4pm each day
VENUE: To be confirmed
Morning and afternoon tea/coffee will be provided. Bring your own cut lunch.
Numbers are limited to 10 participants, so be quick!
COST: $30.00 per writer.
You will need to bring a photograph of a person (portrait preferred). Pens and a workbook will be provided, but a laptop, tablet or scrap paper for drafting might be useful.
If you have questions or need more information please contact Colin Rochford. Phone 0414 282 647